What behaviour change is necessary for emotional intelligence? How should managers decide to to hire, fire and promote?
This 44 minute audioessay may help explain why.
mp3 download: orgnot.com/emotional-intelligence-download
1. John Antonakis, (2004) “ON WHY “EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE” WILL NOT PREDICT LEADERSHIP EFFECTIVENESS BEYOND IQ OR THE “BIG FIVE”: AN EXTENSION AND REJOINDER”, Organizational Analysis, Vol. 12 Issue: 2, pp.171-182, https://doi.org/10.1108/eb028991
2. Newsome, S., Day, A. and Catano, V. (2000) Assessing the Predictive Validity of Emotional Intelligence. Personality and Individual Differences, 29, 1005-1116. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(99)00250-0
3. Melanie J Schulte, Malcolm James Ree, Thomas R Carretta, Emotional intelligence: not much more than and personality, Personality and Individual Differences, Volume 37, Issue 5, 2004, Pages 1059-1068, ISSN 0191-8869, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2003.11.014.
4. Zeidner, Moshe & Matthews, Gerald & Roberts, Richard. (2004). Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace: A Critical Review. Applied Psychology. 53. 371 – 399. 10.1111/j.1464-0597.2004.00176.x.
5. HARMS, P.D. and CREDÉ, M. (2010), Remaining Issues in Emotional Intelligence Research: Construct Overlap, Method Artifacts, and Lack of Incremental Validity. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 3: 154–158. doi:10.1111/j.1754-9434.2010.01217.x
6. Waterhouse, L. (2006). Multiple Intelligences, the Mozart Effect, and Emotional Intelligence: A Critical Review. Educational Psychologist, 41(4), 207–225. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15326985EP4104_1